We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

False reports - beware

norway
6 posts
Save Topic
False reports - beware

The Hotel currently listed no 1 in the popularity index for Cartagena, Colombia ( casa el Carretero) is actually fabricating commendations about itself. It only opened for business in Mid- March but commendations started appearing in Tripadvisor the pervious January !! Since opening it has run mostly empty ( as revealed by telephone calls to hotel staff in the absence of the owner) and yet in a little over six weeks it has received at least five commendations from ghost clients. Over the same period many defamatory reports have been published about other hotels in Cartagena and these undoubtedly come from the same source. This is particularly nasty and underhand behaviour. Official complaints have been lodged with Tripadvisor who are 'investigating' the situation. This will take some time. In the meantime you have been warned.

sydney
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: False reports - beware

Yeah thats interesting because I wandered upon it when I visited Cartagena in February and it was still a building site. Can't comment on the quality of outfitting but Its located in a dodgy district (according to Lonely Planet), the twin bedrooms I saw were tiny and had to share a bathroom and the view from the roof terrace was just acres of corrugated roofing. So lots of things don't fit and I agree with you that the readership is being scammed.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: False reports - beware

I can also confirm this !!!

But as i see its being "cleaned" by Tripadvisor !!!

3. Re: False reports - beware

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Cartagena