We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Airfare to Colombia Is Booked...so what next?

Brooklyn, New York...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
My Airfare to Colombia Is Booked...so what next?

Hi everyone! I did a lot of research and was pretty much able to plan my itinerary. I'm not on the tightest budget, so I'm not looking to stay in a hostal, but instead a simple, but pleasant, clean & safe B&B, hotel or apartment - and affordable. During my stops, I want to take in the city's culture, history, good food, do some tours and enjoy nightlife!! Plane tix are already purchased and here's my Dec 19 to Jan 2 itinerary:

-Bogota: Arrive Dec 19 fr NYC, 3 days (various attractions and tours)

-Medellin: via bus, 3 days (various attractions, tours, nightlife)

-Santa Marta: via plane, 3 days (trips to Tayrona Nat'l Park, Baranquilla, Taranga, El Rodadero)

-Gestameni, Cartagena: via bus, 2 days (enjoy the local culture)

-El Centro or Boca Grande, Cartagena: all-inclusive resort, 3 days

Leave from Cartagena, Jan 2

I don't want a hostel - just a nice B&B, hotel or apartment and an all-inclusive in Cartagena for New Year's eve/day. I'm pretty much set with the above itinerary :) but:

1. I would like to spend the last 3 days in Cartagena in an all-inclusive, do you have any reccos?

2. In the city walls, what town make for a great vist or stay?

3. I thought Boca Grande was filled with all-inclusives, but I can't seem to find any. got any reccos?

4.what attractions shouldn't I shouldn't miss out on during the trip...what do you recco I definitely do?

5.can you recco any good hotels/apartments (no hostels) in Bogota, Santa Marta, Medellin?

No pressures, but any assistance would help, thank you again!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Airfare to Colombia Is Booked...so what next?

Bump.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Airfare to Colombia Is Booked...so what next?

1. All-inclusives - Hotel Caribe has that option, Decameron, Las Americas to name a few.

2. Not sure what you mean. There are different neighbourhoods within the old city, but everything is within easy walking distance so it doesn't make much difference once you're within the walls.

3. Bocagrande - all-inclusives - Decameron, Hotel Caribe. I've stayed twice and Hotel Caribe and enjoyed it.

4. La Popa, San Felipe (the old fort), tour of the old city. Lots of other depending on your interest.

It really isn't necessary to separate El Centro from Getsemani. They are so close together that you can walk between the two with no problem.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My Airfare to Colombia Is Booked...so what next?

Hi Sharon, you can find apartments in Medellin or Cartagena here www.paisasky.blogpsot.com with useful info about the city of the eternal spring, Cartagena de Indias and more. I advice you to fly between Bogota and Medellin, it's a one hour flight versus 11 hours by bus and no much difference of price. And book now your flights or you won't find anything available in these dates. Have a nice trip to Colombia!

canada
Level Contributor
431 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Airfare to Colombia Is Booked...so what next?

Sounds like a cool adventure...Good Luck and have fun.

5. Re: My Airfare to Colombia Is Booked...so what next?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, December 17, 2013