We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

direct flights to Cartagena

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
2 posts
Save Topic
direct flights to Cartagena

Are there direct flights to Cartagena from Canada or the US?

F
Burlington
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

I don't think so. None that I could find. None from Canada for sure and I couldn't find anything direct from Buffalo either.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

Zoom airlines (www.gotraveldirect.com) offers direct flights. I am flying Montreal direct in March.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

Avianca flies directly to Cartagena from Miami so that would be an easy stopover.

There might also be charter flights so look in your local travel agency.

Cali, Colombia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

Spirit just opened a new service from Cartagena to Fort Lauderdale, and will start to Bogota on July 24. American flies to numerous Colombian cities, so does Delta, Continental, and Air Canada.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

Copa Airlines has a flight from JFK,NYC direct to Cartagena with a stop in Panama. If not Spirit airlines flies direct from Fort Lauderdale.

nola
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

The least expensive and most direct option that I've found is to fly into Miami on a domestic ticket (, and direct from MIA to CTG on a separate ticket. I've also found this to be the shortest travel day (total hours) of the various options into Cartagena.

American has recently begun direct service between Miami and Baranquilla. I believe you'd pay about $40-$50 U.S. for a taxi from Baranquilla to Cartagena, but someone else would have to confirm that. If, however, a single-carrier or "single ticket" scenario is most important to you, then you might be interested in that route.

nola
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

Correction to post above:

AA has already cancelled it's direct service to Barranquilla, citing fues costs. So the option of flying a domestic airline into BAQ and taking a taxi is off the table.

8. Re: direct flights to Cartagena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 03, 2009