We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

belfast
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

Could someone please advice on where to get a boat from Cartagena to Panama.

NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

Let's make these reviews really easy. Please fill out the form letter below.

Dear TripAdvisor,

Although I have been a world traveler for many years, I have been so moved by my sailing trip on [insert name of boat here] that I feel ultra-compelled to write my very first forum post. I am writing this review while on the deck of [insert name of boat here] whilst I steal a wifi signal from boats exiting the Panama Canal. Captain [insert name of captain here] and his lovely former Miss Universe wife [insert name of wife here] and their [insert number of children] children were the greatest hosts. I was able to take [insert number here] showers a day after snorkeling with their pet unicorn!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

...I call them pirate posts...they write them or they walk the plank........8D

63. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, January 04, 2014
San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
64. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

Do not charter COOL RUNNINGS II. THE Kuna Indians have expelled him from the San Blas for attacking a very old indian man. He still sneaks in illegally! CALL THE PORVENIR PORT CAPTAIN AND CONFIRM THIS INDEPENDENTLY IF YOU WANT WILL. He still denies it is the truth. The Kuna want him badly and plan to lock him in a Kuna Jail when to do find him. If you are onboard when he is caught, you will be stranded and out of luck. George is unstable and dangerous. BE WARNED!!!

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
65. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

George on Cool Runnings is wanted by the Kuna Indians for attacking an Old Kuna Indian. Call the Port Captain in Porvenir, San Blas if you want to independently verify this notice!!!! He lies and is dangerous. He has been expelled by the Kuna Congresso and will be jailed onsite when he is caught sneaking into Kuna Yala again.

BE WARNED!!! You may be stranded when he is found and locked up!!!

He has also removed the name from his boat, changed sail cover colors, and made a few more disguises. The Kuna have photos of his current vessel. The want him BAD!!!!! Be WARNED!!!

66. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:36 pm, July 24, 2014
San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
67. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

Trip Advisor: I suggest you independently verify that Cool Runnings has been expelled from the San Blas Islands by calling the authorities in Porvenir, San Blas. This is the Port of Entry for sailing vessels. George has been expelled, yet he keeps sneaking into the country carrying unsuspecting travellers with him. The Kuna have a lookout for him and will arrest him on the spot when they finally find him. He assaulted an old Kuna man for trying to collect money owed by George. You can also contact the Kuna Yala Congresso and ask the secretary there about George and Cool Runnings II. You will then be knowledgeable about the possible harms way you are sending your guests into unknowingly.

Panama City, Panama
1 post
Save Reply
68. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

An excellent boat to take is Bay Dreamer, 38ft catamaran run and owned by a lovely Swedish couple, Daniel and Anna. Highly recommend them. You can contact them at their website http://www.baydreamer.se/.

Cartagena, Colombia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
69. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

I just came from the boat spray with captain umberto, it was absolutely awesome! The captain was always caring about all the passengers. The food was absolutely awesome! We had lobster, languste and a loooot of traditionL food. This captain is super awesome don't believe this reviews! I can not believe that there are people not appreciating this captain.

We had three awesome meals a day, we did snorkeling, diving we saw so many islands and the sailing was soooo fast. We did the trip from san blas to colombia within 26 hours! Do not worry about being seasick so much it is so much better on deck than when you are in the cabins.

I and all of my fellow compainians looooved this captain over all!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: sailing boat from cartagena to Panama

We just got off of Humberto's new boat, the "Spray," and LOVED IT! All of us (passengers) are just sitting around from getting off the boat today and laughing at these ridiculous reviews. Humberto was awesome. Great captain, great cook, great fun, great company, great boat, great time :D All 7 of us only have positive compliments for him and his first mate, Sebastian.