We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cartagena - information on this city / resorts

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
896 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Cartagena - information on this city / resorts

Hi, thinking of going on a trip this winter and found this site,

If anyone has information about the city and different resorts, and what there is to do here, I would love to hear about it.

thanks Kat

cali
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cartagena - information on this city / resorts

hi,

i was there last summer. cartagena is wonderful! we stayed at the santa clara hotel. it's a really lovely hotel with some amazing restaurants inside the hotel as well as on the same square. there is a restaurant called juan del mar (on the square) that is delicious. i prefer staying in the old walled city rather than out on the beaches. the city is old spanish colonial w/great architecture. lots to see, and great food and dancing of course.

Los Angeles, USA
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cartagena - information on this city / resorts

Try to stay in the downtown area: Hotel Santa Clara, of other small hotels (old remodeled houses that act as bread&brekfast.) In high season (Dec. 21-jan6) everything is crazy and expensive. The old town at night is a nightmare (other called wonderful), it is full of street vendors laying on the sidewalks and some cafes and restaurants take over the street with loud music and many independent hookers offering their services. Bocagrande is a nightmare, walk carefully, cars park on the sidewalks. The sidewalks are uneven and have open holes that they opened to fix something and forgot to close. El Laguito is a nightmare, specially around teh El Conquistador, the worst nightmare of all. The Hilton is fine, accross the Conquistador. Be ready to deal with the thousands of vendors that will disturb you every second to sell you some stuff!!