We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decameron Baru Beach

Stoney Creek, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Decameron Baru Beach

In the recently released Nolitours 2010 winter season travel book one of the resorts offered in Cartagena is the Royal Decameron Baru Beach Resort. It does say however that this resort is only scheduled to open December 2009. The pictures of the resort in the book and on line are only "artist depictions". Does anyone have any information on this resort? Or can offer any insight as to whether it will indeed open as scheduled?

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
181. Re: Decameron Baru Beach

Playa - I'd be curious to find out how to get to the resort via boat....who would I arrange that with ? Not crazy about the bus ride - then again, it is a great way to see some of the country

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
182. Re: Decameron Baru Beach

I know you can arrange to go back to the airport from the resort via boat. I'm not sure how much that costs. I suspect it would be difficult to arrange a boat trip straight to the resort upon landing. Also, I believe those boats make more than one stop to pick-up passengers along the way...so it may not be as fast as you would think.

We just did the boat trip for the city tour excursion. It took 50 minutes to get there, and 30 minutes to get back to the resort (no stops).

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
183. Re: Decameron Baru Beach

Thanks Product.......i guess for the initial transport, we'll stick to the bus. we'll check into the boat going home though.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
184. Re: Decameron Baru Beach

selectivedi,sorry for the late reply..from the reports i´ve read the bus shuttle provided by (Decameron) is a bid of an ordeal.The shuttle lvs CTG then after some travel time? it´s loaded on a barge over to Isl Baru..some reports put the est travel time (3hrs?). I´m not sure why Decameron uses this option,pehaps to save money?I agree with #182 the launcha (boat) from the public dock is the quickest option.Casa Viena provided this info -

http://www.casaviena.com/playablanca.htm

Edited: 11:50 am, January 10, 2012
North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
185. Re: Decameron Baru Beach

Grrrrrr this resort is sold out for Feb. 9th...see what happens when you wait too long? well thanks anyways Playa.......

Hamilton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
186. Re: Decameron Baru Beach

Hi, I just came back from a wonderful stay at this resort. The beach at this resort is great as are the four pools. The rooms are good too although not every room has a fridge which is a bit weird. There are a lot of steps to everywhere so not ideal for small children or disabled although there are a couple of ramps. We went on quite a few excursions which you must go on just to see the other islands. Unfortunately, yes in answer to another writer there is a lot of extreme poverty in Colombia, however, most of the people from a local village have been employed at the resort and their lives have been changed. They were incredibly friendly and helpful and happy to learn a few more English words. I would certainly go back again but would ask for a room near the reception area which is also close to the beach and pool.

I cuddled a Sloth and attempted friendship with an iguanna. I bought tons of beautiful beading done by the local artisans and munched on fresh fruit every day which hadn't spent days on a truck. Yes, you have a bumpy bus ride to the resort which was in my mind all part of the experience. We were stuck for 20 minutes because we had to wait for some locals to move some concrete but that was also a chance to buy a cold beer and take some pics.

187. Re: Decameron Baru Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, March 22, 2013