We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

low priced hotels

Which Cartagena hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
low priced hotels

we plan to go to Cartagena this summer,and would like a list of low-cost hotels in the old section,of the walled city include also tours that the hotel may have , thanks Ken

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,552 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: low priced hotels

There are very few low cost places within the Old City. Al the inexpensive places are in Getsemani, a 5 minute walk from the old town.

Try the Hotel 3 Banderas and Hotel Las Vegas in the Old City.

Cheers,

Terry

Detroit
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: low priced hotels

Getsamani is so close to the old city, it is an easy walk if you stay there and you will have more options. I stayed in a couple different places in Getsamani and really liked Hotel Colonial.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: low priced hotels

--I had heard of the Tres Bandares ,and we'll probably stay there, also includes breakfast, I understand...they say Hector , the owner is also from Canada , did you meet him ? being slightly away from the el centro of the city is better ,as well .thanks for helping me decice Ken

Cartagena
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: low priced hotels

Hey Ken,

Well be more than glad to have you in our beautiful colonial house. Did you make a reservation already? We also recently opened Hotel 3 Banderas Playa, a new hotel at Tierrabomba island just infront of Cartagena, 10 min by boat. You could go there if you really want to relax, away from all city noise, very comfortable rooms, nice pool, sightseen of Cartagena at sunset or sunrise.

If your booking thru our email, let them know Boris thru Tripadvisor referred you and we might throw in a little surprise during your stay!

Good luck and hope to see you around!

Boris (Hector's son)

Hotel 3 Banderas

info@hotel3banderas.com

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: low priced hotels

yo , Boris , we are not firmed up on the date,we had planned late June , however , my sister has her late husbands family coming from Norway , July 4th and will be also visiting other relatives etc until first week of August.so we are looking at late Aug. or sometime in September. She and I are seniors ,we are both alone now , so we travel together ,Mexico many times,Nicaragua and Peru , last year. I will keep your Tres Banderas address in my address book so we can e-mail you , we will definitely stay with you , I feel you could help us getting around Cartegena etc, we have decided to forgo the beach , but you can recomend best way to get t To Car'ena ,flying into Bogota ,or I believe there may be a way direct to Cart. anyway ,will be talking to you later on , thanks for coming to our rescue . Ken

6. Re: low priced hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, October 29, 2009