We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendations in Cartagena, from a regular

miami, fl
Level Contributor
8 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant recommendations in Cartagena, from a regular

i see many interested in traveling there, so i want to share my restaurant recommendations to all, since the ones i see posted in Trip Advisor are frankly uninspiring and nothing special, many of them are chain restaurants.

I can guarantee these are the best in town, and i am a regular to Cartagena. Here we go:

Juan del Mar, 818 Restaurant, La Enoteca, La Langosta, Cafe San Pedro, Arabe, Club de Pesca, La Cava, La Vitrola, El refectorio (inside Santa Clara Hotel), Palma, Sci Sci, Donde Olano, Nena Lela, Cafe del Santisimo, La Cocina de Carmela

Hope everybody have a good time . You won t regret traveling there

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Cartagena, from a regular

Hey Barran Q

I have copied and pasted your recommendations. Thanks. We will try some of them next week.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,311 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Cartagena, from a regular

Oh, I am so envious of your going next week. I was just down again for a week in April and wish I could have stayed longer.

I know from my tour guide friend that the tourist season is slowing down and they are not too busy right now. I know he is going crazy with not enough work.

Enjoy this wonderful city and its people!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Cartagena, from a regular

Has anyone dined at El Tinajero at the Hilton?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
74 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Cartagena, from a regular

You forgot....Quebracho!!!!! Excellent steaks and service! Best Argentinian restaurant in the Old Walled City. Also, for some authentic Mexican food....OOOh Que rico Mexico.....in Crespo and Bocagrande. Great guacamole and salsa!!!!

5. Re: Restaurant recommendations in Cartagena, from a regular

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, October 01, 2009