We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cartagena in the New York Times

1 post
Save Topic
Cartagena in the New York Times

Yesterday Sunday May 20, 2007 I enjoyed the New York Times writeup on Cartagena. It was an excellent narrative on places to stay, restaurants and tourist spots to hit. Casa El Carretero was one of the Hotels recommended by the Times and I can attest that this is a good choice. I had the chance to stay there and it is a beautiful intimate hotel.

Here is the link to the article: …nytimes.com/2007/…

Guianza Express Tours Guides Y Transportation
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Cartagena E Brasil
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Rentals
Cartagena Freelance
Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Beverly Hills
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cartagena in the New York Times

It is great to see positive reports on Colombia in general and Cartagena in particular. I think Cartagena is the jewel of South America. An undiscovered paradise.

Thank you for sharing that list with the community.

New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cartagena in the New York Times

Just read this--really interesting. Can't wait for our upcoming visit to Cartagena (which is still in the planning stages, but will happen)!

Thanks for posting the link!

Level Contributor
294 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cartagena in the New York Times

Can't agree more. We went to Cartagena for a wedding in the middle of March and absolutely fell in love with the city. Do go there before it is invaded by tourists. It's a magnificient place.

Regarding accomodation I can also recommend Casa la Fe where we stayed. A very nice small hotel to a reasonable price.

4. Re: Cartagena in the New York Times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 02, 2009
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now