We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yunnan itinerary

malaysia
12 posts
Save Topic
Yunnan itinerary

we are planning to go Yunnan on 17/12/13 - 24/12/13. Our flight land on Chang Shui Airport at 5pm on the 17/12 , depart to Malaysia at 5.40pm on 24/12.

The itinerary as below:

17/12 put a night at Kunming

18/12 take a van to Jiu Xiang and straight to 'Hong Tu Di".

19/12 half day at Hong Tu Di then procee to stone forest catch 5.50pm flight to Lijiang.

20/12 Lijiang

21/12 Lijiang to Shangrila by van.

22/12 Shangrila back to Lijiang

23/12 Lijiang take a flight back to Kunming.

24/12 Morning visit "Long Men", evening back to Malaysia.

my question are:

1) is the schedule too tight?

2) should i go to Dali instead of Hong Tu Di ?(9 of us from 2 family, all adults)

3) is it worth to go Shangrila on this hour? ( some tour agency said not much to see.)

kindly give advice. Thanks.

1. Re: Yunnan itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, January 06, 2014
malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yunnan itinerary

Hi, wonderchina, thanks for your reply.

I like Lijiang very much and hope can spend one more day there.

Can i go to Hong Tu Di on the 18 after visit JiuXiang and stone forest?

At that time still can see multi colours of plants in Hong Tu Di?

malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yunnan itinerary

Hi, wonderchina, thanks for your reply.

I like Lijiang very much and hope can spend one more day there.

Can i go to Hong Tu Di on the 18 after visit JiuXiang and stone forest?

At that time still can see multi colours of plants in Hong Tu Di?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yunnan itinerary

It takes four hours' long driving from Kunming to Dongchuan Red Land,and they are all mountainous road,bumpy and curve.You don't have enough time to do those three places in a day.

If you want to spend more time in Lijiang,you can depart for Shangri-La in the afternoon of Dec 22.

Dec 23 spend a whole day in Shangri-La for monastery or some scenic spot

Dec 24 catch morning flight from Shangri-La to Kunming,then travel agency will organise something to do according to your arrival time. (note:the Dragon Gate is not a must-to-see attractions in Kunming.)

malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yunnan itinerary

Wanderchina, thanks for your advice, you are right, i think i will not do it in one day.

Thanks again.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yunnan itinerary

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions about your trip.

malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Yunnan itinerary

Wanderchina,

Thanks again.

8. Re: Yunnan itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 22, 2014