We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Different Yunnan.

Which Yunnan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
24 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Different Yunnan.

Hi, I`m planning to visit Yunnan @ end of December and beginning of January. But us we have already been to Kunming, Dali and Lijiang, can you help us with some different itinerary. I`m thinking about Rain forest and Tea plantations but as we have ~ 10-12 days maybe you can advise something else or better to go to Chengdu and explore that part of China

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,721 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Different Yunnan.

At that time of year, look into:

Xishuangbanna, the Nujiang Valley, Tengchong and volcano/hotsprings-related stuff, the Pu'er tea area, Yuanyang and Rice Terraces area. Jianshui south of Kunming.

Plenty to do in 10-12 days in this area. But you may have to be a little adventurous, and especially if you don't speak any Chinese. I'd still stick with Yunnan over Chengdu/Sichuan at this time of year.

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
24 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Different Yunnan.

Thanks for this useful info, and yes we don`t speak any Chinese :(

I`ll try to fit our schedule. Also are there some nice/interesting places to visit in Guangxi area?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Different Yunnan.

1.Yunnan Province: Xishuangbanna (rainforest, elephants,Pu'er tea Garde), Yuanyang( winter is the best time to see the terrace land),Jianshui(old town),Luoping( maybe it is too early to see the coalas in January)

2. Guangxi: yangshuo(karst hills and caves)

3 Chengdu (Panda centre and nearby skiing resort,or hot spring)

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
24 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Different Yunnan.

Thanks I really appreciate your help.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,241 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Different Yunnan.

Yes Yuan Yang

Goto this link

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298558-i6795-k264…

Edited: 4:13 am, November 27, 2012
6. Re: Different Yunnan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 02, 2013