We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
714 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

we want to hold/get picture of us holding a baby Panda, Since Wolong Nature Reserve burned up, is there still a functioning place to do this. I've heard rumors that for a tip of about 2,000, cash, it can be arranged at the Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Center - IS THIS STILL TRUE? What is the nearest major airline hub to Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Center? Information would be greatly Appreciated, I have not seen such a Post since earl;y 2013 - sure don't want to waste the money of I can't hold/photograph a baby Panda. Do they use our camera? or theirs? Thank you very much.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,118 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

It takes someone or more to say something, read post No.3 and 5 in this topic, I am not the only one. Post No.5 is how you educate your children, teach with your own actions.

People don't wait in line? spit in public? talking too loud? somebody has to be the first one to say something, then more people dare to speak out, they will change, because they never knew you should wait in line, not to spit in public,not to talk too loud, or chew with your mouth open, not to throw trash, not to pollute, be polite or kind to others, their parents never told them that. You can always tell a person's background by how they talk and act, not by their money.

Yet most people are afraid to speak out, never really know what or why they are so afraid of. Yes, there are cyber bullies will try to stop you, but fear not, internet is just smoke in the air, stand up and speak your mind.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
522 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

Hi , I am in Chengdu. I often do panda volunteers. But not in the Chengdu Panda Base. A in China Giant Panda Protection Center.There are many panda has 80 .

Of course you can hold in your hand panda . sctabi@163.com

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
522 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

Panda volunteers.

8:10 arrived in the base.

8:30 ,8:30 , for volunteer procedures. Put on overalls, work together with the breeder , clean panda room / yard.

9:30 , breakfast milk to feed the pandas .

10:00 - 11:00 ,visit to Panda Base, you can come into contact with the giant panda, panda hold the camera and so on.

11:30 , prepare lunch for the panda .

12:00 rest.

13:30 , again the base , wash panda bamboo.

15:00 Check certificate , Panda volunteers.

Chongqing, China
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

At the panda base, you can pay 2000RMB settled price to hold the baby panda. It is not tip, it is settled price. reservation is required.

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

Have emailed you chengdu guide

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
522 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

HI,

I am xia, in chengdu.

Now apply to do panda volunteers are very much.The end of August , has been impossible.

I go to the Ya'an panda base, each week.

If you want to go to Wolong, Panda volunteers, there is no problem.

If you want to hold the panda, must apply in advance.

15 days in advance. sctabi@163.com

Amagansett, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

We will go to Chengdu because my granddaughter really wants to do that and to see the pandas.

Are there any other places to visit either near Chengdu or Shanghai to see, hold pandas?

Did anyone do any great activities with teens in Chengdu or Shanghai --- dumpling making? paper cutting, etc?

Thanks!

Amagansett, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

Shanghai Questions

We are seeking recommendations for sightseeing/activities in Shanghai for a 13 year old girl

Any trip highlights?

Does anyone have any advice or information about visiting a water town?

We will be in Shanghai traveling with a 13 year old and thought that this might be a different kind or sightseeing day.

We have heard of Suzhou/Wuzhou and Zhujiajiao. Are they truly water towns with canals to see/ ride on?

Thanks

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

You can hold pandas either in Chengdu Panda Base or Bifengxia Reserve,but you can only do the panda volunteer work in the latter one.Panda volunteer work is more interesting for a family,which will be an unforgettable experience for your family.

Lhasa, China
Level Contributor
781 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: can we still hold a Panda in China? Wolong burned up.

You can hold the Pandas in Chengdu Panda Breeding center with some donation, but you need to reserve in advance to do that http://www.panda.org.cn/