We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guanghan City

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
1 post
Save Topic
Guanghan City

I'm going to this city in september to teach. Can anyone tell me what it is like?Anyone know anything about the Civil aviation university there or indeed taught there?Thanks

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,741 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guanghan City

I've only been in Guanghan on my way to Sanxingdui Museum. City seems fairly nondescript, probably a bit boring but not gross---quite a bit of new construction. It's only 30-40 minutes and RMB 16 to Chengdu via the express bus, so it's not like being marooned in the hinterlands. And for weekends, it's in decent proximity for getaways to other interesting places in Sichuan. I can't speak to the University/teaching situation.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guanghan City

Guanghan is a normal small city,nothing special to other Chinese cities.As a good transportation location and as well as good climate,the economy there is good.China Civil Aviation University is one of the major institutes train pilots,and the teacher's pay is good.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guanghan City

I went to Guanghan frequently for work and visiting my friends.One of them is living 1km closed to the university,and the other is still studying there.But myself know very little about the university,my friend told me it is the biggest base to train pilot in Asia.The university is a few kilometers out the city.

Guanghan was the old capital of the Shu Kingdom,30minutes by train from Chengdu,small city ,hardly see any foreigner in the street ,for me the university is much more interesting than the city.

4. Re: Guanghan City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 18, 2014