We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Song Pan horseriding

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Song Pan horseriding

I will be flying into Jiu Zhai Gou airport and taking a taxi directly to a hotel in Jiu Zhai Gou valley. I want to do a horseriding day trip in Song Pan on the second day. Is it possible to get into contact with the horseriding companies by phone or email without having to go to Song Pan physically to book? Thanks.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Song Pan horseriding

Due to geography, the order you are proposing to do things is backwards. The airport is much closer to Songpan (about 30-40 minutes) so you should go there first, then go to Jiuzhaigou after. Entry tickets into Jiuzhaigou Park are very expensive and except in winter are only good for that day's entry, so it's best to allot full days for that, go early, and stay all day. Are you aware that the road distance from Jiuzhaigou Park to Songpan takes 2 hours? It's not really day-trip distance if you want to get in a meaningful horseride. I thought most of these were at least 2 day/overnight trips though. There are companies in Songpan you can contact in advance to set something up. Be aware that there have been a lot of complaints about some companies, so choose carefully.

2. Re: Song Pan horseriding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 15, 2014