We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

See Panda by Public transportation

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
See Panda by Public transportation

Hi,

I have almost a day in Chengdu (my flight departs at 5pm) by the end of Oct. Am wondering if It is possible for me to see the panda by public transportation? I am staying at traffic inn hostel.

Many thanks.

Chengdu
Level Contributor
209 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: See Panda by Public transportation

You are making life difficult for yourself but your hostel can advise you of which buses you need to connect with. Get a taxi - it's a lot easier and wont bankrupt you.

Helsinki
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: See Panda by Public transportation

I hope it's okey to ask my question in this same thread. How much about is a taxi to panda place and how long journey? I'm staying at Crowne Plaza Chengdu City Center.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
58 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: See Panda by Public transportation

It usually takes about 40 minutes(15km) by taxi from city center to the Base. But there are lots of road and subway construction going on currently in Chengdu, the traffic is like the worst ever. You may consider not going during rush hours. Taxi cost is about 40 to 50 yuan one way.

Public transport to the Base from traffic inn hostel(Xinnanmen): Public Bus Route 49 to Zhaojuesi hengjie Stop and swith to Route87 or 198 to the Base.

I went to the Base two years ago, the entrance fee cost me around 60 yuan and there were not many pubilc buses. I remember I waited like half an hour for the bus when I went back.

4. Re: See Panda by Public transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 05, 2013