We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chengdu airport: terminal layout

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ho Chi Minh city
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
chengdu airport: terminal layout

I would like to obtain soft copy of Chengdu airport map with Luggage Storage pinpointed. I found the following page of Chengdu airport

http://www.cdairport.com/front_en/lk3-1.jsp

It tells me to refer the locations, including that of Luggage Storage, to the Terminal Layout, but there's no link in the immediate surrounding to access that layout. I don't know if the Terminal Layout can only be found via Chinese version of the website (I don't speak Chinese :( ) or it is simply unavailable. Can someone help me with this?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chengdu airport: terminal layout

Try google "Chengdu airport map" in Chinese 成都 双流机场 平面示意图, look for the 行李寄存(Luggage Storage). Or you can just give them a call, I saw there is a hotline.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chengdu airport: terminal layout

flightstats.com/go/…

In another forum, it was mentioned that left luggage is at Terminal 1 (departure level). Airport is small and Terminal 1&2 are within the same building and takes 2 mins to walk across.

Best to check their opening hrs.

Ho Chi Minh city
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chengdu airport: terminal layout

Thanks AlexTung and Casandara!!

Alex, I'm outside China, making international call, is quite inconvenient.

Cassandara, that flightstats website is awesome. Thanks for letting us know about it. However, I am not so familiar with map symbols. I've been trying to look for symbol explanations on the website but have not been successful so far. Do you happen to know where I can find it?

Sichuan, China
Destination Expert
for Jiuzhaigou County, Chengdu
Level Contributor
705 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: chengdu airport: terminal layout

There is a new terminal open in the Chengdu airport that is very big. Keep this in mind when you're searching for maps, there are probably more old ones that new ones.

Ho Chi Minh city
Level Contributor
145 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: chengdu airport: terminal layout

Hello, I'm back from the trip.

Here's the information for future travelers

Terminal 2 was huge. We felt it was really unnecessary for the terminal to be that big as there were like 20 baggage claim belts and only a few in work.

Despite being that big, no travelators ( I didn't remember using one). It took us over 10mins walking fast from one end to the other end of terminal 2 (the hotel free transfer dropped us at wrong end of the terminal).

When I was back to Chengdu from JZG, which was when I needed luggage storage, I couldn't find info desk outside but a big layout panel. The 2 "left luggage" places were all on 3rd floors.

Only 1/3 of terminal 1 was dedicated for international flights.

Right after you step in the terminal at the entrance to international flight check-in counters, turn left, keep walking for less than 50m, you will see the baggage storage run by airport staff wearing uniforms like military on your left.

More details about airport can be found in my write-up in the following link:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297463-i8702-k585…

6. Re: chengdu airport: terminal layout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 14, 2013