We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

We intend to take the public bus from Chengdu to Leshan bus station.

On arrival ,how far is the Leshan pier / dock from the leshan bus station ?

We plan to use the ferry to see the big buddha .

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,916 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

If your bus go to Xiaoba Bus Station, i guess most will go this station from Xinmanmen Hub of Chengdu. Then you take public bus line 13 or taxi(no more than 10 Y) to Leshan Gang(乐山港, show them these Chinese) where you board boat (about 60 Y)

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Most of the buses go from Chengdu Xinnanmen Bus Station to Leshan stop at the Xiaoba Travel Bus Station,it's just 2.5 hundreds meters away from the Daduhe River,and the Giant Buddha is about 4.5km downstream from the bus station.

There are 2 piers/docks to see the Giant Buddha.

#1. Guchenglou(Old City Wall)Ferry. 3.5km down steam from the bus station,only costs 1 Yuan to take the ferry to the Dafoba Island, where you can see the Giant Buddha as a whole from a distance of 500m, the island is the best place to take photoes for the Buddha.

#2.Leshan Tourist Ferry. By the western side of Minjiang River,5km away from the Leshan Xiaoba Bus Station. Usually bus tours take the ferry from there to go down stream to the base of the Buddha,but you can only stay on the ship to watch the Buddha for 10min,before the ship leaves. The Ferry costs 70Yuan

I reccommend you to take the #1,because you can spend as much time as you want in the island to see the Giant Buddha and the beatiful view around there, and have a very nice walking around the small island. # 2 is very rush,and costs much more,also too crowded with tourists on board.

Hope you have a nice trip.

If any question,feel free to let me know.

haba_naci@163.com

Edited: 11:14 am, November 29, 2011
malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Thanks a millon for this great piece of info from both of you.

Are there any cafes or restaraunt at the Dafoba island ? where we can relax and enjoy the view., or it's just a stretch of island.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Hi Des6806,there are some tea houses in the Dafoba(in Chinese大佛坝)Island. The island is at the confluction of Minjiang River and Daduhe River. And the Giant Buddha is located by the confluction facing to the Island. Locals love to go to the island for a leisure time,drinking tea,playing mahjong,doing sports on the sands. Suggest you to go to google map,and put in' Leshan' for orientation.

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Hi SW China

Definetly you have help us alot with this important info .

How long is the boat ride to Dafoba island ?

On another matter , as i could communicate in mandarin but could not read or write Chinese words/characters , ( never been to a chinese school ) it be great if you can help me with the below place of interest in Chengdu , with the chinese words.-

1. Dujiangyan Dam

2. Luodai historic town

For Dujiangyan if i will to take the metro train , on reaching the station , how far is the dam site ? Do i need to take cab there , upon reaching the station.

We are staying in Dacisi road in chengdu town , and how far /long is the journey to Luodai town ?

Hope you could help us out on this.

Thks.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

The boad ride is just a few minutes to Dafoba.

1.Dujiangyan Dam--都江堰景区

2.Luodai historic town--洛带古镇

Take the No4 bus from the Dujiangyan train station to the scenic spot. just 10min,don't need a cab.

There are buses from Chengdu Xingnanmen Bus Station to Luodai Old Town every half an hour starting from 7:40am, 25km,takes 40min.

Have a nice trip1

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Xingnanmen Bus Station is 2km south to the Dacisi Road,within the walking distance.

malaysia
Level Contributor
383 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Hi SW

Thanks again really appreciate your help and this will definetly make my holidays plan easier .

rgds

kuala lumpur
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

Hi,

how do I go to the Guchenglou(Old City Wall)Ferry from XiaoBa Bus Station? what bus no. to take? I know Bus 13 would take me to the Buddha entrance , what about Guchenglou(Old City Wall)Ferry ? as I would like to view the Buddha from the Island as recommended by you.

10. Re: How far is Leshan bus station to Leshan pier/dock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 30, 2014