We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sichuan travel with kids

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sichuan travel with kids

we're planning a 2 week trip to Sichuan with our kids (11,9 & 6y) in August next year. Does anyone has experience and/or tips? Can anyone recommend a local tour operator to help arrange the trip? thx! Inge in Shanghai

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,517 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sichuan travel with kids

The entire 2 weeks in Sichuan? What are your interests?

Oshima-gun...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sichuan travel with kids

In my opinon. there is no problem for your family.especially ok for your kids since Sichuan is a big province . everything will be very convenience for you while you are there.

Sichuan province is famous by it's rich tourism resources. so it is worth to visit there for 2week. no rush and enjoy.

But i am afraid the temperature will be very hot at that time.. the average is around 28℃--33℃.

Chengdu
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sichuan travel with kids

hope my knowledge IS useful for you

Sichuan is a nice place to go.

1. Chengdu-the capital city. a relaxing city compared to many other big cities. right in the center of Sichuan basin, Aug is rainy season, a lot of rain in the night, not so hot in the daytime. Chengdu 's city symbol is : teahouse, snacks,hotpot,giant panda,Sichuan opera(face changing and hand shadow), bar and pubs.

around Chengdu there are places to go like: giant buddha, Emeishan, Dujiangyan Irrigation , Qingchengshan Taoism Mountain. and Ancient towns such Luodai, Huanglongxi.

2 Tibetan area in Sichuan: Sichuan has the largest Tibetan people population after Tibet. for non-Chinese people to go to Tibet, right now it's really not easy, instead of Tibet, Sichuan is a good place to go.

north Sichuan : Ngawa Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture

Jiuzhaigou Valley( which has nine Tibetan villages in it), beautiful waterfalls and lakes. Huanglong park , Hongyuan Grassland. Songpan Horse Trekking.

3 .West Sichuan: Ganzi Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture

Hailuogou Glacier, Kangding, Danba, Tagong Gransland.

two routins from Sichuan to Tibet, mountains over 6000 meters high, beautiful scenery like Shangrila , etc.

4. South Sichuan: Yi people(minority)

Yi Ethnic Torch Festival.

Xichang Satellite Launch Center

5 . near Chengdu is Chongqing, where you can take the three-gorge tour from Chongqing-Wuhan by Cruise.

Edited: 10:32 am, July 06, 2012
Chengdu
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Sichuan travel with kids

Hi there,

My name is Jaycee and I am a local chengdu resident. I believe I can help you with your trip here.

I personnaly love travelling and have been to quite a few places in China. I can give you some detailed information on Chengdu trip if you want. I don't mean to make it sound hard but it is very common that foreign traveller get ripped off here. Especially if you want to buy souvenirs ( food is ok because there will be price on the menu). Things in Jinli street are 3 times the price than other places. To make things easier, getting a private driver would be the wise choice...

I can arrange tickets, places to see, transportation, food, accomodation ,etc for you. All you have to do is to enjoy your time without any concern here in China!

If you want a tour guide, please let me know. I would love to help.

Even if you decide to travel on your own, you can also send me emails or contact me when you need any help in China.

My email address: yamsylm@yahoo.com.cn

5. Re: Sichuan travel with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 18, 2013