We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philly
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

I heard that it's best to visit the Panda Reservation during the feeding time between 8 and 10-30. Unfortunately the only time I will have for Pandas in Chengdu will be in the afternoon 2-4 pm.

Will I still get a glimpse of Pandas at that time, or they will all be away and sleeping? I read somewhere that Pandas eat for many hours every day. How likely is it that they will be awake and eating in the afternoon, when I arrive? Thanks.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

Hi just read your message, we have the same problem and again have heard that am is better. Shame you haven't had a reply yet! Will keep a look out. Have Fun

Saracarrlegg

2. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:05 pm, September 17, 2005
3. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:35 pm, September 02, 2005
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

Anyone know if you are able to interact with the pandas or is it a hands off experience?

Corpus Christi...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

New to this scene. will be in Wolong the 25 th and 26 th Sept. Any recomendations on Panda Inn and time it takes to really get aquainted with the area and the research center.

canada
Level Contributor
7,549 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

I have seen the panda in the morning, as well as in the afternoon. Actually the highlight is in visiting the nursery, and to see that the red panda is a totally different animal.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
116 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

Hi, I was in Wolong last month. We DID get to interact with the panda's (hold them on our laps and go into an enclosure & feed them)- about 6 panda's that were about 18 mos-2 years old. It was an unbelievable experience! We DID pay extra. It was about $80-$100 per person for about 15 minutes with the panda's. However, I'm not sure if that is available for anyone who wants to or not -- as we had been 'pre-introduced' via email to the director of the sanctuary from some US Zoo officials who knew Americans working there. But, I'd definitely inquire, as it's a wonderful experience.

Drive to Wolong from Chengdu is amazing scenery - about 3 hours into the mountains.

We stayed at Wolong Hotel - which was a delightful surprise. Clean, modern, comfortable - a VERY short drive or walk to the sanctuary. Our guide said it was much nicer & newer than Panda Inn.

We were there in the morning and panda's were very active...but no idea about afternoons. Sorry.

chengdu china
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

it is same for people holding pandas on lap taken photo at chengdu pandas research center close to downtown only take half a day

it is true panda mainly active time is in the morning and sleepy all afternoon.so try adjust the schedule for the best seeing.

usually from downtown to center cost 70-80rmb include fee and transportation by minibus.

mickal in chnegdu

United States
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

To Mickal I need more information on mini bus to panda complex I am in chengdu now

11/11/05 would like to go monday or tuesday contact me i will give my hotel phone number

thanks TMK

chengdu china
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Panda Reserve: morning or afternoon visit

sorry read it so late and maybe I should post my e-mail on it

csm028@hotmail.com