We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go for a third China trip?

Which Chengdu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to go for a third China trip?

My husband and I have been to China twice and we have visited all the major tourist cities like Beijing, Nanjing, Guilin, Shaghai, Xian Yangtze River and Hong Kong. I have taught in two cities in Jiangsu province and know that area fairly well.

I am going back this summer to teach and then we want to pick an area of Chine to spend two weeks before heading home again.

We are thinking of Kunming in Hunnan but can't decide. Would this be a good area to spend 2 weeks? Or should we head somewhere else? We are flying into and out of Shanghai.

I would really appeciate any ideas or suggestions.

canada
Level Contributor
7,490 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go for a third China trip?

The big question is: what do you want to see? Do you want to compare cities, scenery, head back on history like the rise and fall or various dynasties, archaeology, ancient city architecture, or touristy presentations (old glory or madeup story), the various forms of Buddhism, or Tao philosophy. Are you a hiker? And better check on the weather during the time of your intended travel. I notice that you did not mention the Silk Route, Tibetan plateau (not just Llahsa), the Northeast, the Islands along the East Chaina Sea, besides the Southwest (Yunnan); not a word on those paintings or sculptures in those wellknown caves, bronze age or stone age artefacts.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go for a third China trip?

What exactly are you more interested in seeing, doing and experiencing?

Personally I think I would try for Tibet, Xinjiang, Sichuan or Yunnan provinces.

3. Re: Where to go for a third China trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 01, 2009