We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is taxi from datong to yungang caves?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
422 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How much is taxi from datong to yungang caves?

How much and how long does it take and can i get a taxi back to datong?

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is taxi from datong to yungang caves?

30-40 RMB one way, half hour. You take public bus for 1 RMB back to downtown.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is taxi from datong to yungang caves?

We visited Datong on June 11, 2013. Our taxi driver charged us 30RMB for a one-way ride to Yungang Caves. He then came back for us when we were done and drove us back, but at our request, also stopped at the 3 Dragon Screen on the way back to town, again for 30RMB.

I hope it's ok if I put in a recommendation for our taxi driver, as he was very sincere and really wanted to learn more about foreign travelers and I thought he was very fair in his pricing. He also speaks a little bit of English. If you need a taxi driver in Datong, I would not hesitate to recommend Mr. Lang. He also goes by Oliver Wolf, the english name he gave himself. His cell #: 1-365-352-0352.

Tip re calling China cell #s from inside China: If you are using a cell phone, you can dial the cell # as written above. If you are using a land line to call a cell #, you will need to add a 0 in front of the cell #. However, if you are calling from outside China, you will need to add the int'l code + country code, ie 011-86-cell#

London, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is taxi from datong to yungang caves?

The price range from 30rmb to 50rmb. If you bargain with taxi driver, 30rmb can be available.

Another option is that you can take No.3 Bus at Xinkaili of Datong, 3rmb to Yungang directly.

Datong, China
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is taxi from datong to yungang caves?

It is around CNY30 for one way. The normal taxi drivers on the street all use the meter. If you take a taxi from train or bus station you need talk the price in advance. It takes 30-40 min to Yungang Grottoes.

5. Re: How much is taxi from datong to yungang caves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 11, 2014