We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High Speed Train from Qingdao to Qufu

Which Qingdao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
High Speed Train from Qingdao to Qufu

We will be travelling round Qingdao during the spring festival. We are planning to visit Qufu by taking a high speed train from Qingdao.

What is your advice regarding the fares, the best time of travel and places of interest? I know some write-ups but nothing beats those who have experienced such trips. Thank you.

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High Speed Train from Qingdao to Qufu

You must be more specific with your dates, as conditions vary, especially on the higher priced modes of travel. The week before Spring Festival will be impossible on any train. Before that period and afterwards you might have a chance for a rare seat.

No one really has experience with the new on-line ticket purchase system during SF, so will the computers crash? Will some get through? Will they withhold tickets for some friendly agents as they have in the past? The moment they go on sale I suggest you be connected to a very fast internet connection.

I have been on the airlines just before New Years, and even they sell out in advance on many routes. The rail trips can be overcrowded and uncomfortable if you have the slightest inclination towards claustrophobia. I have stood during the whole rail trip, and been seated. Either way it is not pleasant having people hanging around in the aisles. You have that "rush-hour subway feeling" for the three hours of your trip.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: High Speed Train from Qingdao to Qufu

The answer is G228, it is from Qingdao to Qufu East. It starts in Qingdao at 13:56 and arrives in Qufu East at 17:14, 525km, the hard seat is RMB180, soft seat is RMB245.

It is hard to buy a ticket during the Spring festival. The train will be really crowd. I agree with SBS. During the Spring festival, all the seat tickets are sold out, you only could stand on the train for hours even you take the high speed train.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
30 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High Speed Train from Qingdao to Qufu

Thank you Sparky and Aborigines for your quick answers.

But I am now more confused than before. I enquired about this with ChinaTravel and the answers I received are different. The high-speed train which started in June 2011 from Beijing to Shanghai and from Shanghai to Qufu and other cities could be crowded during Spring time. However, the `expert' said it is easy to buy the tickets on site.

I wonder if anyone who took the ride on that sector can clarify. Thank you.

Edited: 9:07 am, July 28, 2011
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High Speed Train from Qingdao to Qufu

Thank you Aborigines for your info.

I intend to visit Qingdao in early November, and tour Qufu before returning to Qingdao, all within a day. Should I take the G228 train to Qufu, or should I take a bus? Should I join a day tour as I would like to learn more about Confucius' hometown?

Thank you

5. Re: High Speed Train from Qingdao to Qufu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 08, 2012