We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Qingdao

Brisbane
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Qingdao

We will be in Qingdao in March and have to decide on a tour from the cruise ship. Laoshan seems like an intriguing destination but we could also stay around Qingdao and see the sights. Not sure what to choose.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Qingdao

Only one day? If only one day, you go to Laoshan, you don't have enough time to see some place else.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Qingdao

Thank you for this advice. Of course, when on a cruise it is always a compromise as there is so little time in each port.

I have two further questions on the same topic:

1. Would travel to Laoshan in March be affected by the typical weather at this time of year?

2. I presume that to get the most out of the trip there would be a lot of walking involved? One of our group has some mobility difficulties. How difficult is it to get around the places of interest?

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Qingdao

1. Would travel to Laoshan in March be affected by the typical weather at this time of year?

~~~March is a little cold, but not many rain. It's ok.

2, Yes, a lot of walking when you travel in Laoshan. Which route do you plan to travel? Is a 2 hours walking too long for him/her? My friends and I went to Laoshan, we kept walking for hours. In downtown or beach/seaside, still need walking, such as Badaguan, but can hire a taxi.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Qingdao

I emailed the tour agency and this is what is being suggested:

Visit Laoshan mountain and Taiqing Palace. (You will be transferred to the south route of Laoshan Mountain to visit the Taiqing Palace. After the sightseeing in Taiqing Palace, if you prefer, you can climb the mountain to reach the Longtan waterfall of Laoshan Mountain then back to the downtown area.)

This would take from 9am from the cruise until about 1pm when we would return to the city.

Thank you for your ongoing help with this.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Qingdao

Sounds good. Longtan waterfall is nice. There are a statuary, it tells us a story about saving people's life when flood coming...

You still have time to visit in downtown or go to Stone Old Man beach when you back to downtown. In downtown, you can visit such as Zhanqiao Pier, Badaguan, no.1 beach or 54 Square.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
156 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Qingdao

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. I think it is amazing that travellers can get so much great advice on this forum from local people like you who provide this voluntary service which must take hours of your time.

7. Re: One day in Qingdao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 28, 2011