We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Shandong, Zibo

Which Qingdao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in Shandong, Zibo

1. Where can you golf in Zibo? Well, it's a bit difficult to find out. First of all there seem to be no actual golf courses. The nearest are in Jinan. Some hotels boast mini-golf. There is, however, a golf driving range called the Juhao Golf Club a bit northeast of the center of Zhangdian district. Some cab drivers know it and others will call to get directions. The local telephone number is(0533) 666-8888 or (0533)3918777. They provide a big basket of balls for 70 yuan ( a little pricey) and have a good supply of 7-irons and a few drivers. The location is a bit remote so they'll have to call for a taxi when you want to leave. On my last trip they called a relative(I suspect) with a little minivan who took me back to town for the same price as the cab-about 20 yuan. The crew only speaks Chinese so, if you don't, bring a phrase book or have Google translate a few phrases for you.

2. There is a Christian, Protestant Church, in Zibo ZhouCun district which has a service on Sunday AM. It is advertised to start at 9:00 but seemed to be in full swing when I arrived at 8:45. They were very welcoming, ushered me in, and found me a seat in a very much packed sanctuary. The hymns and order of service were familiar and the folks were friendly. Visit if you as so inclined and combine the trip with a visit to the preserved ZhouCun Da Jie where you should definitely drink tea and eat the famous ZhouCun Sesame Cakes(crackers) fresh from the bakery.

The church information is:

name: Zibo city ,zhouchun Christian Church 淄博市周村基督教会

address: 淄博市周村区丝市街223号

address: zibo city,zhoucun,sishi street number 223

zip code: 255300

phone: 0533-6410777

The cab ride from Zhandian is around 30 yuan.

Qingdao, China
Destination Expert
for Qingdao
Level Contributor
886 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Shandong, Zibo

I don't know much about Zibo...

But in Qingdao, there are many golf clubs here, and churches everywhere...

2. Re: Things to do in Shandong, Zibo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 11, 2011