We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tongli at Night?

Which Suzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tongli at Night?

I just became aware that it is possible to visit Tongli at night, I mean as part of extending a day trip from Shanghai, not staying overnight in Tongli. It would be a Saturday in early May and we would be leaving around 7 p,m., Arriving around noon.

Are the night views worth arriving later in the morning and staying for the evening? Or would it be less crowded arriving around ten a.m. and leaving around 5?

If you have been in Tongli both during the day and in the early evening, what were your impressions?

Thanks?

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tongli at Night?

I stayed in Tongli overnight and am glad I did. During the day it is very crowded until the last bus leaves in the late afternoon. Then there are only a few people around and it is very peaceful. The lights make it look really pretty and serene. If you have the option of arriving later in the day and staying on into the evening then I think it would be worth it to fully appreciate the village atmosphere.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
143 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tongli at Night?

That is what we are doing!

Thanks for the reply.

Cindy

3. Re: Tongli at Night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2014