We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D-Train

California, U.S.
Level Contributor
123 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
D-Train

I haven't take a train in China for a long time, just wonder how long does this D train from Shanghai to Suzhou? How pack is going to be inside the train? We are planning to visit Suzhou & Shanghai in the end of May. Thank you.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
66 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: D-Train

It should take you around 35 minutes, which is by all means the fastest & cheapest way to travel to/from SH. The first class ticket would cost you 34 rmb each way. It's not crowded at all, well considering Chinese standards, of course. And the trains are always punctual, so you better be at the train station on time.

Hope this helps.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D-Train

You can use this website for checking train times. I use it a lot and has always been accurate for me. It is also convenient for writing down your 2nd and 3rd choice train in case there are no tickets for the ticket you wanted to buy. This way you won't hold up the line too much.

shanghaihighlights.com/shanghai-train-schedu…

California, U.S.
Level Contributor
123 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: D-Train

Thank you for your helps. I know I would have more questions later on.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: D-Train

short distance train ticket is available 10 days in advance. normally, must get the get train tickets like shanghai - suzhou at weekend several days in advance (sometimes even friday, esp suzhou get back to shanghai),

5. Re: D-Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 02, 2010