We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian food in Suzhou

Which Suzhou hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Vegetarian food in Suzhou

What are the possibilities of getting vegetarian food in Suzhou

* Indian Cuisine

* Italian (vegetarian )

* Lebanese (vegetarian)

*Turkish ( vegetarian)

* Vegetarian Pizza

Thanks

Miami Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Shanghai Region
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian food in Suzhou

The only pure vegetarian restaurant I could find is to the right side of the West Garden Temple (about 1 or 2 km to the west of the old city), down a narrow road about 200 meters. There is a sign on the far right front side of the Temple. It has a diverse menu at reasonable prices, two for about 70 yuan. The food was as most Buddhist Temple food in China, well prepared with fresh ingredients. When you try to get back to your hotel, you must walk back near the Temple entrance to catch a Suzhou taxi.

I called the other places listed in guides and all they seemed to have phones disconnnected or not answering.

In Lonely Planet they list Yangyang Shuijiaoguan, which is actually on Shizi Street, as having veggie foods. Yes, they do, much like a US Chinese restaurant does. So if you want simple broccoli with garlic sauce, try there. I found it a great disappointment as the only veggie dumpling offering is a chive with egg. My vegetarian fried noodles, prepared by request spicy style, was good enough. I had anticipated much more in the way of indigenous Chinese fare.

Uk
Level Contributor
71 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian food in Suzhou

The only vegetarian food I had in Suzhou Chinese restaurants was plates of broccoli, green beans, cabbage and scrambled egg. I was disappointed that they didn't seem to offer noodles.

In desperation I had a vegetarian pizza and salad at Pizza Hut. The service was superb as was the pizza.

New Jersey
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian food in Suzhou

Check this for you. The most close to Indian Cuisine is the following though it more like malaysian food with different curry. Ask for vege.

坦米尔咖喱屋(凤凰店)

地址: 凤凰街54号

电话: 0512-65211920

Pune, India
Level Contributor
216 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian food in Suzhou

Hi,

I m a vegetarian & just back from a 2 day stay in Suzhou.

You can try this place.

Indian at the Cross, upstairs of Southern Cross, Lindun Road/ Lindun Lu.

Sorry dont have the complete address. But Lindun Lu seems to be quite prominent & the taxi dropped us there without any issues.

There are quite a few restaurants and bars there, e.g Harry's Bar with a Jazzy neon signs visible from afar....

5. Re: Vegetarian food in Suzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 12, 2009