We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
1 post
Save Topic
yangtze cruise

I need a car with driver to take me from Yi chang to Nanning. Is it possible?

If so how much does it cost?

I will need then to go to Hanoi, do buses go from Nanning to Hanoi?

Thanks.

Chris

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,992 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: yangtze cruise

No it is not possible. Take a look at a map. It would be something like an 18-hour drive one way.

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,908 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: yangtze cruise

Yichang to Nanning is a LONG way. If you want the fastest way (and I think also the best), then you should catch a fast train to Wuhan Hankou station (must be Hankou station not one of the others), taxi to airport, and fly the early evening flight to Nanning. Spend the night in Nanning and catch the bus to Hanoi the next morning.

Assuming you are disembarking from a cruise around 13:00, have tickets purchased in advance and waiting at Yichang East rail station for the G585 dep 14:40 arrive Wuhan Hankou 16:34. Then taxi to Wuhan airport. It's a fast scramble but doable to make the airport in time to check-in for the 18:00 Shandong Airlines flight to Nanning. Or for a more relaxed timeframe, spend the night in Wuhan and fly to Nanning the next morning, then take the overnight train to Hanoi. Wuhan-Nanning flights are surprisingly inexpensive given the distance. If your arrival in Yichang will be earlier than 13:00, then even better--take the earliest D train you can make to Wuhan for extra time cushion.

3. Re: yangtze cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, May 30, 2015