Save Topic
Planning a visit to Henan and other places in China for two.

My wife and I recently visited Beijing, Shandong, Henan (mostly), Shaanxi, and Shanghai in China. Getting everything just the way we wanted it for our particularly arcane historical and cultural interests was not very easy. There are lots of tours offered to Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin, Yangtze cruises, and Shanghai, but if you want to go very far off the tourist grid, resources seem to get pretty sparse. I knew we wanted to see Confucius' town of Qufu, Mount Tai, the Shang dynasty remains in Anyang, the Song dynasty sites in Kaifeng, the center of heaven and earth at the Zhongyue Temple in Dengfeng, the White Horse Temple and the Longmen Grottoes in Luoyang, the terracotta warriors in Xi'an, and the tall buildings of Shanghai, but getting an itinerary together with all of those in one trip proved a daunting task for us here in Atlanta. Luckily, and with the help of a Google search for "Henan" and "tourism", I came across Summer at the joychina web site of the Henan Tourism Group in Zhengzhou. She proved invaluable in getting all the transportation, accommodation, attraction and other logistical details "tailor-made" for our visit with such organizational skill that our trip proceeded without a blip. The guides and drivers she found for us for each leg of our journey were great and we were able to see all we had on our list in just a two week vacation. We would recommend this agency's services to anyone interested in a visit to the supremely historic Henan province of China that seemed a lot less frequented than the usual stops of most international visitors to China but, as we discovered, Henan stops can be joined to others when the planning is done expertly. The facilities in this most populous of Chinese provinces were at, or even consistently above the standards I've found in my visits to thirty-eight other countries around the world, so don't hesitate. Thanks to you Summer and to all your co-workers in Zhengzhou. You really came through for us.