We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Swimming Performance

Which Harbin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
china
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Winter Swimming Performance

Hi!

Anyone who knows where the winter swimming performance is held? How much is the entrance fee and what time is the performance. Hope someone can help.

Thanks!

Level Contributor
23 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

Well... I thought you said as 'Harbin T' told you. I scrolled but couldn't find where Harbin T had mentioned that. So I thought it must been have through private message. 中央大街 is far from Jiuzhan Park, unless the swimming pool spreads all over the streets in between... ;)

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

The winter swimming performance is held at Jiuzhan Park(九站公园), at the west of Stalin park. There are two performances during ice and snow festival, morning time about 10:am, and 14:00 in the afternoon. The cost for this is CNY 50.00; and there are other activities that need extra money in the park, like dog-sledding, snow motor bike

singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

Thanks for the great information!

Can anyone advise how long it takes to walk to the performance venue at 九站公园 from 中央大街?

Harbin, China
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

normally, it takes about 30 minutes to walk there, but better be there a bit earlier just in case. beware that we just see the show of professional swimmers, coz we are just visitors, we could not jump into the frozen songhua river by following them. if you follow them to jump into the river, then i will find you in amur river of russia in 2 days:)

singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

Thx Harbin T, like your sense of humour!

Coming from the equator, it's already a once in a lifetime challenge to experience the freezy winter in Harbin, fully-clothed n wrapped in layers. The annual Snow n Ice festival is too tempting that I decided to take my first "plunge"...not to worry, I will keep myself dry and warm at all times during my Jan visit.

CheerZ

Harbin, China
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

to tourmaline man,

it is good to know that you dress up properly, coz songhua river is windy in wintertime. please note that according to the new schedule, there will be two shows in the afternoon, the first show starts at 1:30pm, which is better than the second show starting at 2pm, so please better join the first show starting at 1:30pm. there are some interesting programs included in the show, like the high diving, synchronized swimming, ice boxing, sino-russian friendly swimming match, etc. winter swimming is also called polar bear swimming, it is originally from russia, that is the reason why there are always some russian swimmers coming over every year. the russian swimmers are very humorous, they always give you some funny postures, which make you laugh over and over. please take some photos and bring happy memory back home!

i wish you have a wonderful trip to harbin!

singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

Hi Harbin T,

Frankly I've seen these folks on tv documentaries and internet videos but to be there "live" should be some experience!

Thanks for the updates; I'm sure many of us find your information useful for our planning!

Keep it up...n CheerZ

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
131 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

We saw the swimmers last year- it was one of the highlights of our trip.

The site is with walking distance if Walking Street - turn left at the river and keep walking until you reach it. There is fun inner tube sliding there as well.

singapore
Level Contributor
62 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

Thx dim-sum-mum!

Just returned; but I didn't walk there coz I've booked a cab for that whole day! It's certainly reachable on foot from Central Street.

For those keen to know, there are 2 shows in the morning and 2 in the afternoon (1330 and 1400); the place is nicely enclosed with inflated structure surrounding a dug-out pool. Price was RMB60.

Besides watching the winter-swimmers, one can also engaged in other activities nearby - sliding, winter-bike, etc...

20. Re: Winter Swimming Performance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:27 pm, November 01, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Harbin