We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

Hi!

For admission to the snow & ice festival, are foreign student cards accepted for the student discounted entry rate? Or is the ISIC card a requirement?

Thank you!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,330 posts
820 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

More often than not, for student or senior citizen discount, it requires a Chinese card. They most probably cannot read what you card says in any case unless it is written in Chinese.

But there are report of some senior citizen getting their discount with their passport. So, there is no harm in trying. You just need to leanr how to ask for the student discount in mandarin.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

Hi,

I don't think so but why not try as suggested. Last year the entrance fee was 300 yuan.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

Thanks for your replies!

I do know how to speak mandarin, but my experience with Chinese tourist attractions so far is that some do accept foreign student cards eg the Mutianyu great wall, but some don't. So i was hoping if someone who has gone for it could share their experiences using a foreign card :)

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,330 posts
820 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

Just hand your card and say student in mandarin (xuesheng). To know how to pronounce it just go to http://translate.google.com/, enter student and translate to Chinese (simplified) and click on the little speaker to hear it.

Manila
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

I'm a senior Filipino citizen. The thought of getting a discount into the Snow and Ice Festival at the Zhaolin Park did not enter my mind. Anyway, our guide purchased the tickets for us the cost of which was included in the tour arrangements.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,073 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

The entrance fee is 300 yuan again this year. Apparently, you can visit the Ice Festival from between 08.30 and 14.00 (or thereabouts) on Monday at a cheaper rate. I don't know if foreign students are eligible though.

7. Re: Harbin Snow & Ice Festival - Foreign student card accepted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 13, 2014