We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbin in Jan'13, need some suggestions.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Harbin in Jan'13, need some suggestions.

Hi all,

Me and my 3 mates will travel to Harbin from 11th Jan 2013 till 13th Jan 2013. We're currently in Beijing and planning to take the overnight train to Harbin. I have some questions about this trip and I'm hoping that some people here can enlighten me.

First of all, I'm not quite clear what's the main diff b/w the Ice and Snow Festival (300RMB entrance) and the Snow Festival in Sun Island (150RMB). I mean what sort of attraction does each venue offer?

In my case I have 3 days and 2 nights in harbin, is it worth the time to spend 1 day each for each venue? And is there any "best time to visit" for each venue.

My preferred hotel is the Manhattan Apt next to church of street Sophia, does anyone know how to get the public trans to go to both (snow and Ice festival, and the Sun Island) venue?

Thankyou in advance :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,931 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbin in Jan'13, need some suggestions.

Hi,

This previous link contains relevant information:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297433-i9875-k5…

Your best bet is to take a taxi but you could walk down the pedestrian street (20 mins) and get the bus mentioned in the link above. We visited the Ice and Snow Festival in daylight hours, took a hot drink and walked around again when all of the sculptures were lit up in the dark.

When you are in Harbin take a walk down to the river and view all the different forms of transport including a hovercraft. And, if you are interested in WW 2 history visit the Station 731 which is outside the city and reachable by public transport. Indeed, it is a very moving place to visit.

2. Re: Harbin in Jan'13, need some suggestions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:03 am, December 24, 2012
Edited: 10:03 am, December 24, 2012
3. Re: Harbin in Jan'13, need some suggestions.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:03 am, December 24, 2012
4. Re: Harbin in Jan'13, need some suggestions.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, December 17, 2013