We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Russian food

Which Harbin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Murrieta, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Great Russian food

Just out the back door of the Europlaza, which is on Center Street, is a great place for non Chinese food. The outside wooden door is only a hint as to the beauty inside. All of the walls and ceiling are covered in wood carvings. A beautiful place and the cabbage rolls are the best. Everything on the business is in Chinese but here is the phone number 84611677. Someone should be there that speaks English.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Russian food

Have you tried the Russia 1914 Cafe on Zhongyang Dajie? We really liked it when we were there?

If you don't know what it is, I have more details on my VirtualTourist Harbin Restaurants travel page: members.virtualtourist.com/m/1d57/f8323/2/

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Russian food

Hello can anybody tell me how to travel from Harbin to the nearest Russian city for just a day or two for the actual Russian feel, rather than just going to the restaurants in Harbin? Can we get a visa on the spot?

Have anybody tried doing this? Is it worth the trouble?

plsnning to go skiing in Yabuli for xmas 09.

Many thanks for any help.

Jessie

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Russian food

Eh... what's your passport nationality?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
17 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Russian food

Already went to Harbin last December, and before that, also asked about visa info to go to Russia. Had to go through my Canadian Passport Office in Beijing.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,375 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Russian food

Cherjb---

I've been to that resturant.. a chinese national female friend of mine who teaches there took me to this place.. at first I did not know it was a restaurant.. I thoght it was a store.. the woodwork is very beautiful.. I took some great photos of it too.. the food was also pleasntly and suprisingly good too.. I remember I had a russian vegetable soup and a beef and chicken rice dish too.. all very good..

6. Re: Great Russian food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 07, 2009