We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Sanya hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather

I am visitng Shanghai & Hong Kong in August & I am also looking for a weeks beach holiday to go onto. I have just been suggested Hainan, but when checking the web it looks like it might be the wet season. Can anyone tell me what they know abot the climate at that time of year, & just how much does it actually rain each day & what the temperatures might be. If it's wet I may as well stay in England!!

Guangzhou, China
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

hi, it’s summer time from late May to Sep, which is hot and wet, and the average temper is 26-33℃.

But it’s ok, u know, there’s a local slang said

“it’s raining in the part of cow’s head while it’s sunny in the part of cow’s tail”

It means the rain never lasts long.

Check the weather forecast a week in advance before your leaving, I guess

Have a nice day

Hainan
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Yes, the rain never lasts a long time. So just take it easy, there is not only sunshine, but also sea breeza. It's not so hot here. There is weather forecast on Yahoo China, you could pay attention to it. I think that would be helpful.

3. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 13, 2009