We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
300 posts
417 reviews
Save Topic
Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

Im booking 4 rooms and their packages, for the new year eve.

and they requested me to give in every of my bank detail and even a front and back copies of my card! and sign, they have the full power to do anything with it.

This is the first time I am asked for the front and back copies of the card.

What do you think of this? I just find this.... weird...

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

Well, they try to protect themselves in case you don't show up. Especially on such a day where they surely get a lot of reservations. Ever thought about what any vendor where you buy something could do with the credit card details you leave with them? So would not be too concerned, especially if it's a reputable hotel.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
23,560 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

Use a prepaid credit card then.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
300 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

hmm. theres a lot of luxury hotels, but they dont request for a front and back copies of the card. Im crossing my fingers now. sigh.

@bibimbob. we do not have prepaid credit card in our country =(

thank you all

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,862 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

I think NYE is a special situation.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
41,801 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

Seems to me that every time I book a hotel with a credit card (including 5 stars) they ask for the 3-digit code from the back of the card. So it sounds quite standard to me.

Hainan, China
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

The Mandarin Oriental is a member of a reputable group (part-owned by Jardine Matheson) so I don't think you have anything to worry about giving them copies of your credit card. If you're really concerned then send the money by electronic funds transfer.

As Laowai88 says, they don't want any no-shows on New Years Eve.

HainanFeilipu

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
300 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

yes, but this time I dont email it to them. I ask for send it by fax. thank youu all.

=D

8. Re: Giving credit cards detail for MOSAN?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, December 20, 2012