We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

wales
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

For anyone who is interested, We have a trip to Sanya booked for 25 May 2008, due to the take-over by Thomas Cook we have just been informed by our travel agent that all our flight arrangements have been changed. We are now flying from Heathrow on a scheduled flight with Cathay Pacific, we were supposed to be flying from Gatwick on a Mytravel chartered flight. After reading reviews on the Mytravel flights to Sanya we are absolutely thrilled. We hope this may make other Sanya bound travellers as happy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
207 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

You honestly dont know how lucky you are, we were on the My travel flight in September - say no more.........

Lucky, lucky you

Enjoy Sanya

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

Going to Sanya in October and have just been informed by Airtours that we are also flying with Cathay Pacific/Dragonair. Should have been flying from Manchester but it now looks like Heathrow.

Kettering UK
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

hi bigoiler

we too are going in October on 12th, and we are going from Gatwick with Airtours, we have not heard anything yet about our flight, were you sent a letter from Airtours direct or your travel agent, I would like to find out if our flights have also been changed.

regards

SKCI

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

Hi SKCI

We are leaving Heathrow on 5th October. The letter from Airtours came via our travel agent.

Kettering UK
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

Hi bigoiler

My wife has received a telephone call today regarding our flight and apparently ours has been changed as well. We have booked premium upgrade but they cannot confirm if this will apply now we have changed, are you booked premium as well.

Regards

SKCI

wales
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

skci and biggoiler

save your money, you won,t need to upgrade. Go to seatguru.com and have a look at the seat pitch for the planes that Cathay Pacific use. More legroom than a chartered flight that you would have been on.

Enjoy.

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

Hi SKCI

Just booked the upgrade with Airtours. I had a hard time getting back to them to confirm that we would take the booking (3 days). Airtours were not sympathetic to the fact that our flights should have been from Manchester and now we have 160 mile journey each way to the airport.

Thanks rmills17 for that info. I am looking forward to the flight more now than I was with My Travel.

Staffordshire
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

Must be having a senior moment!! Have not booked an upgrade I have just booked/confirmed the changes to the booking. ooops

Kettering UK
Level Contributor
286 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

Hi all

We have spoken to thomas cook and they have agreed to re-imburse the costs of upgrading to premium, but not had it in writing yet.

When talking to our travel agent it has come to light that thomas cook will not be selling any holidays to the horizon resort, this is abit worrying as what other changes will they adopt, i.e. not all inclusive anymore, or the trip to bejing we have booked will be cancelled.

Regards

SKCI

10. Re: Mytravel / Thomas Cook Take-over

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 15, 2009