We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Currency

I am travelling to Beijing/Sanya on Thursday, can anybody recommend what currency to take, do I change £ to CYN or £ to $ to CYN in order to get the best exchange rate.

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency

Everytime you change money you lose on the exchange rate / pay commission. Therefore, take GBP (if you are in the UK) and change to Rmb (CYN) in Sanya.

If you have a Nationwide Flexaccount, use their Debitcard to get fee free withdrawals from ATMs in Sanya with a good exchange rate.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
13,260 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

It's RMB or CNY (both refer to the same), not CYN.

Since GBP is your home currency, use that to change to RMB to avoid getting hit twice by the exchange rate losses.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency

Thank you for your help I will change GBP on arrival.

4. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 31, 2009