We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is Sanya like in July?

1 post
Save Topic
What is Sanya like in July?

This is my first trip to China, we'll be there for the first 2 weeks of July. We'll spend one week in Beijing and then were thinking of spending a week in Sanya. What will the weather be like in Sanya in July, will it rain every day? Is there another beach in China that you would recommend (for me and my 9 year old daughter)? I don't want to fly to Thailand as the flight is expensive from Beijing, approx $900 US.

Thanks, C.

Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is Sanya like in July?

Sometimes it is windy over here. All around this island you can find beaches. In the tropical and subtropical area I think good beaches are in Zhuhai (not fr away from Macao, in Guangdong province) and in Beihai (it is in Guangxi province). I have no relationships there, but about Hainan province I am able to help you.

$900 is really expensive for the common people. With these $900 you can pay a simple hotel in Sanya , you can eat everyday some nice food (Seafood BBQ, Mongolian food, Turkestanian food, Pizzas, Sichuanian food, Henanian food, etc) and even to have some money to visit interesting places as fish-peeling hot spring, traditional parks and palm forests. So, it is wise to safe some money and to rest in Hainan. Anyway you are coming here because of the Tropical nature. Tropic is Tropic in Thailand, Tropic is Tropic in Hainan, Tropic is Tropic in Haiwaii. But the difference is that Hainan (China) is cheaper than Thailand and Hawaii.

china beijing
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is Sanya like in July?

Hi, Alberta

Welcome to China!

It will be a little hot in Sanya in July. Coz Hainan island is tropic island. When rain season comes, no doubt, it will rain. but don't worry about it, it just happen from end Aug.to Sep. and the rain doesn't last a long time. If you come in July, i think the rain season will occour to you. In additin, the price in July will be cheaper than the high season.So it's valuable.

Compared with others, I think Sanya is better !

hope you have a good holiday in China!

3. Re: What is Sanya like in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 28, 2009
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now