We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bullet Train

Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Bullet Train

Hello,

In general , Is the bullet train crowded ? Are the tickets easily available or do we need to buy in advance ? Will be travelling in December with a group of 8 ,including elders and kids.

thanks

regards

Edited: 10:40 am, July 10, 2012
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,823 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bullet Train

From where to where?

Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bullet Train

within hainan island.

thanks

regards

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,823 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bullet Train

I don't think that there are bullet trains within the island. High speed trains are for longer distances between major cities.

Singapore
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bullet Train

I just check wiki, i guess it is called Hainan Eastern Ring Railway

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bullet Train

No matter where to where, only buy it on the spot. Bullet trains on Sanya-Haikou high speed railway are launched very frequently like inter-city bus.

Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bullet Train

Hi, I am a local. I want to tell you that it will be crowded only in holidays and weekends.I don't think it necessary to buy ticket in advance.Can buy it on spot.

December is the peak season for local tour, hotel is very expensive in Sanya! Don't try to take seafood!

7. Re: Bullet Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, July 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hainan