We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
345 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

I'm visiting Hainan staying in Boao for 1 week starting 6th March. Any recommendations on what is good to visit whilst there. Good seafood restaurants and any sites worth seeing!!

I take it the weather will be in the 20's everyday?

Thanks folks

Haikou, China
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Hi,

In Boao, I wanna suggest you to pay a visit the Liu Ke Village nearby to watch the Cai's big house, it was built about 80 years ago and attarct people go there and have a look.

Also, you can go to Guantang nearby to enjoy the hot spring and climb the hill.

For the local food, I think the duck and goose are famous, for the seafood, fresh but expensive.

Enjoy Boao!

Hainan, China
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Hi RuairiBhoy,

Weather should be in the 20's but it might get a bit chilly in the evening so bring a jacket/sweater. If you're feeling adventurous I suggest you head up the Wanquan River from Bo'ao where you can try rafting/abseiling etc. If you like the sea and beach then head for the Jade Belt Beach nearby.

Enjoy Hainan!

HainanFeilipu

Glasgow
Level Contributor
345 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Thanks for the replies. Are there any restaurants worth a visit and how do I travel up the river for rafting and to climb the hill and hot spring.

Thanks again

Hainan, China
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Hi,

You transport options are to take a taxi or bus to the rafting area. It will take just under an hour to get there from Bo'ao/Qionghai. Ask the hotel where you stay for details on buses (by the way the Chinese call rafting "River Drifting" (漂流) for reasons known only to themselves :)

Enjoy,

HainanFeilipu

Glasgow
Level Contributor
345 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Thanks again for the reply.

Which city would you recommend to visit from Boao? And what would be the best way to travel there and how long will it take?

Thanks again everybody

Hainan, China
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Hi,

You can use the new bullet train to visit any city on the West Coast from Qionghai - that means Haikou/Wenchang/Wanning/Sanya. It depends what you like on which one you choose - for shopping and culture try Haikou. For scenery Wenchhang or Wanning - for beach then Sanya.

Enjoy Hainan!

HainanFeilipu

Glasgow
Level Contributor
345 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

Thanks Felipou. Great information here

8. Re: 1st time in Hainan i'm staying in Boao. Any recomendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 23, 2012