We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

Hi guys,

Back from China here is my trip.

Spent first week in Shen yang.. having good time with friends and family..

Moved south to Dazhai. Flew into Guilin and got a private car/driver to Dazhai (350Rmb arranged with Wisdom Inn)

Dazhai was MY place.. quite, not 2 many people, middle of nowhere… loved it..

Stayed @ Wisdom Inn… which is such a fantastic B&B.. it s clean, cozy, with personality.

Room is nice, bathroom huge and the view fantastic (rice fields side)

Breakfast is reach and tasty.

Sandy (the owner) is such an amazing host.. polite, helpful, patient..

Got in Dazhai around 5pm we spent 1 h walking around the village (takes 10 minutes).. got a nice dinner in a restaurant up the Hill, 2 min from Wisdom Inn… there was a torch in the room and did not know why.. there is no light, gets dark at 8.30 pm and you do need a torch.. slept so well, it s very quite.. river outside makes a lovely noise..

Got up 7.15, got breakfast and start hiking around 8.30.. already very warm (30th May)

Took us about 4 hours to make to point 2, point 1 and point 3 and finally back to Wisdom Inn

Prob would be better to do Point 3 the 1st morning and point 2 and 1 the next one…

It s very easy do get lost between point 1 and point 3.. lucky enough, my wife is Chinese and we were able (well, she was) to ask info to farmers we met on the way…

1) Da Zhai to the viewpoint #2 (Thousand Layers to Heaven") 45 minutes to 1 hour up.

2) From the viewpoint #2 to the viewpoint #1 ("Music from Paradise"): 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Best views IMO

3) From the viewpoint #1 down #3 and back to Dazhai village 1,5 /2 hours

There s Hotel/restaurant at point 3 where you can get water and some rest.. also mazing pictures from there… just go to the ONLY house you meet on the way after point 1 (about 1.5 H)

Breathtaking scenery.. we took so many pictures.. there is water along the way.. bottle water I mean.. and water from mountains to keept your head and hat wet and fresh..

Moved to Yangshuo in the afternoon.. got a shower first, I was wet from head to toes.. hot, humid and sticky

Private car again… around 4hours journey. 580 RMB (car has 6 seats, you can share it).. I did not mind to spend bit more, cause the car was confy with a brilliant a/c..

Got to Yangshuo Mountain Retreat around dinner time… the place is cool, very private and quite… great views of the weird countryside and mountains..

I did not like the food that much.. found it plain.. breakfast was better.. pan cakes, omelette, …

Spend 3 nights in Yangshuo.. the first morning we did the Bamboo raft.. and spent the Aft in town having a beer and relax.. and walking around for a bit of shopping

Went out for dinner in a very good Japanese Restaurant, the Ajisen Ramen, beginning of West street… got a huge dinner (almost for 4 people) and spent 9€.. tasty food and big portion

The very next morning got 2 bicycle and enjoyed the countryside.. went to the Moon Hill as well.. to get up there took some effort.. I m fit but the problem was the heat and Humidity… wow!

Went up as well, behind the Moon hill… amazing views from up there…

Back to the Hotel around 3.30 pm in the Aft for the usual shower and spent some quite time watching the Bamboo boat passing in front the Hotel.

Night in town again for some dinner and few beers.. town was packed!

Unfortunately I did not get chance to see the Terracotta Army even if we flew into Xi’an (connection flight to Shenyang).. maybe next time!

Edited: 6:00 am, June 11, 2011
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

Hi Hotchillipadi,

I was able to get a quote and organize my trip through Sandy @ Wisdomm Inn in Dazhai

wisdom-inn.com/gettinghere/gettinghere.htm

Enjoy the amazing views!

nanjiing
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

Hi! this is Giovanna From Italy too :)

Thanks so much for your detailed report I think I'll print it and bring it in my trip!

I'm going there with my family, my parents are 60 years old and I have a baby 2 years old

about the hiking from wiew point 1 2,3 do you think it will be hard for them? for sure they will do just half way I think. I just wanna understand if it's hard hiking or just walking (cause they are all used to walk and i can carry my baby)

thanks

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

Ciao Giovanna,

I ve sent you a PM in Italian.. which is a lot easier!!! :-)

Klosterneuburg...
Level Contributor
439 posts
1,054 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

for arranging of transport or info about schedules of bus you can write to sandy info@wisdom-inn.com in dazhai.

Klosterneuburg...
Level Contributor
439 posts
1,054 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

There ia also now a cable car in dazhai ...

16. Re: Guilin > Dazhai > Yangshuo > Guilin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, July 19, 2015