We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

About walmart and hotel

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
About walmart and hotel

We're going to Shenzhen to do some shopping basically. In this forum's said that Luo Hu is the best (fake but the best) and is huge, about dongmen the opinion is not so good, most of all local fashion; and also there are another good places for shopping like Shekou and Laojai and off course the walmart supermarket. SO:

- I'm not sure if I should stay in Luo Hu, because there is quite a crowd, and after shopping at night I just want to relax and don't hear many noises. What about Holiday Inn, is close from the metro, there is some walmart near (walking distance)?.

-Where is Shekou and Laojai?. Have been difficult to find a map through internet. Are they worth, can I find different kind of things there compared to Luo Hu?

- What's the bigger and newest walmart and how to get there.

Turin, Italy
Level Contributor
15 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: About walmart and hotel

If you want to avoid masses, and relaxing in one of the best places of China, near Shenzhen there is Mission Hills Resort (find it in the hotel reviews and also have a look at its web site).

it is a 5star resort, and, even if designed for golf players, it is perfect for a relaxing evening/night: wonderful SPA, good prices (payed 50 euro/night), very good meals.. and just 30 minutes by taxi from the city center...

I'll never get tired of suggesting this resort...

Guilin of China
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: About walmart and hotel

Shekou is tha area near baoan, at night you can enjoy and drink beer in the shekou beach this is the places for foreigner who work in shenzhen. you are welcome to Guilin.

Xiamen, China
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: About walmart and hotel

1. Laojia = Dongmen

2. FYI Century Plaza is just across the street of Lowu Walmart , which is 10 minutes walk from the Lowu boarder.

3. Sheko is about 30 minutes by taxi from Shenzhen, lots of foreign expats live there, so lots of bar and restaurant.

if you want to relax, don't stay in shenzhen, that's my advise.

4. Re: About walmart and hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 22, 2009