We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying more than 5 days

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Staying more than 5 days

Hi, I'm thinking of travelling to Shenzhen for around 8-10 nights in september for shopping, sightseeing and just relaxing in the hotel, should I get a china visa here in the uk for this visit as I hear that only a 5 day visa is available at the hong kong border?

Can i enter through Hong kong? what's the procedure?

What is my best option?

Thanks T A's

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,531 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying more than 5 days

Answers to visa questions depends on what passport you hold. Without that information everyone is just guessing.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,052 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying more than 5 days

"...shopping, sightseeing and just relaxing in the hotel..." - Sounds like you should spend your time in HK.

As said above, we need to know what passport you hold. The special Shenzhen visa is only good for 5 days (if you qualify). You could always go back to HK for a couple of hours and get a new Shenzhen visa.

Level Contributor
7 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying more than 5 days

I hold a British passport..wasn't aware you could re enter hong kong , return to Shenzhen and renew the visa

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,052 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying more than 5 days

Yes, that's your solution with your passport although you could just apply for a tourist visa from home.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,054 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying more than 5 days

Hundreds of people, Brits included go to SZ for a day or too to get clothes made & return to HK; then go back to SZ to pick up their clothes. If you get a full Chinese visa you can travel to other cities in China, but be aware that if you get a single entry visa you won't be able to pop over to HK for a day. Every time you cross a border your single entry visa is extinguished & you start again.

6. Re: Staying more than 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, March 21, 2015