We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shenzhen Special Economic Zone 5 Day Visa Info.

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Shenzhen Special Economic Zone 5 Day Visa Info.

I went there last month and the visa application was very simple and quick.

You go to the visa office in "no man's land" at the Lo Wu border crossing from Hong Kong. There was a large waiting room, but luckily there was only one person in front of us, so we got the visa within about 5 minutes.

It is only valid for the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone, which used to have its own border crossing with China when it was a closed city a few years ago. It is NOT valid for the Longgang or Baoan districts of Shenzhen.

We inadvertently strayed into Baoan, but fortunately, whilst the border post between the SEZ and China is still there, it is no longer manned.

According to the sign in the visa office, as of January 2013, citizens of the following countries could get the visa, and the varying prices are listed in RMB:

Angola 681

Armenia 420

Bolivia 414

Brazil 369

Bulgaria 504

Chile 429

Congo (Kinshasa) 747

Ecuador 414

Ethiopia 487

Mexico 371

Moldova 455

Panama 579

Poland 475

Romania 512

Russia 393

Ukraine 409

United Kingdom 304

Venezuela 585

USA
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Shenzhen Special Economic Zone 5 Day Visa Info.

@Bollinge When I was living in Shenzhen in 2006, those SEZ checkpoints were still manned, and occasionally someone would get on the bus to see if anyone was unlawfully trying to enter the SEZ districts. When the bus was too crowded (sounds about right) the officers wouldn't even try, though I think Shenzhen stopped caring in 2007. This particular crossing that I'm familiar with is between Longgang and Luohu, by the reservoir, but others, such as the one at Meilin, might have continued operating for a bit longer.

Jonathan

buildingmybento.com

collaterallettuce.com

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Shenzhen Special Economic Zone 5 Day Visa Info.

I am going to Huizhou for the day, think that is leaving the zone.. How strict are they checking you entering and leaving the zone? is it worth taking the risk?

Copenhagen, Denmark
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Shenzhen Special Economic Zone 5 Day Visa Info.

I am going to Huizhou for the day, think that is leaving the zone.. How strict are they checking you entering and leaving the zone? is it worth taking the risk?

3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Shenzhen Special Economic Zone 5 Day Visa Info.

Does anyone know for bruneian,will it be required to apply and pay for Shenzhen SEZ 5day visa..and how long can stay in shenzhen.

15. Re: Shenzhen Special Economic Zone 5 Day Visa Info.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 23, 2014