We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for area to stay in shenzhen

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
suggestions for area to stay in shenzhen

hi

we are couple coming to stay in shenzhen or 2 nights. basically we want to do window of the world attraction , and maybe OCT swiss village theme park and of course some shopping.

what is a nice area to stay in Shenzhen. we are looking for 3 or 4 star accommodation in area where there is some shopping and nightlife/food precinct to wander around at night time

also we dont want to be too far away from the 2 attractions mentioned above.

also is there any other must do things for Shenzhen that we shouldnt miss?

Shenzhen, China
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for area to stay in shenzhen

i'm shenzhen local. i think you can stay near by shopping park(coco park). it's not far from the two places you said, you can take metro to, and there are shopping place and diffrent kind of food. i think you will love it.

what i think you most can't miss is the diffrent food.it's delicious!!! all in a word, welcome to Shenzhen.

if you want to know more ,you can contact me.

Edited: 10:23 am, August 21, 2012
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,405 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for area to stay in shenzhen

I assume you are talking about OCT East. One fe the theme parks there ha a kind of copy of a Swiss style village - Interlaken. I was there with three people from Switzerland. Sorry, I was ashamed. It is not a good copy.

Anyway, OCT East is a bit far away. It is close to Dameisha, about an hour away from Central Business District (CBD). Coco Park is in CBD. It is the business district of Shenzhen, but has shopping centers, bars and restaurants as well.

Little warning: Shenzhen is not a typical tourist city. It is a business city. It was founded just three decades ago. Not too many attractions, but some are still nice.

I would recommend to stay closer to Windows of the World. There also is an ar called OCT or OCT Loft. The choice of 3-4 star hotels is better there, for example CityInn OCT Loft (simple, but nice, around RMB 200-300/night)

octhotels.com/eng/…kkpic_22_1.html

or Cityinn Windows of the World (slightly more expensive) or Seaview O City hotel (also in OCT, 4*, 400-800RMB). 5* in that area: Westin (next to shopping center) and Intercontinental, The Venice Hotel (close to Westin, 4*+ I would say).

In CBD you will find a choice of nice 5* hotels including Futian Shangri La, Ritz Carlton and Sheraton, all above RMB1200/night.

From OCT Loft or Windows of the World to Coco Park you can go by MTR (metro) or taxi in about 15-20 minutes.

3. Re: suggestions for area to stay in shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 28, 2013