We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Craft supplies for Jewellery Making - Beads, Chains, Clasps?

Singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Craft supplies for Jewellery Making - Beads, Chains, Clasps?

Hello!

I'm looking for DIY jewellery materials like all varieties of chains (for necklaces/bracelets) and earring fixings etc, and loads of beads of any material/semi-precious stones.

I've tried scouring the TA forums and other forums like shenzhenstuff for particular information on where I could get these unassembled raw materials, but either the forum information is out of date, or the shops seem to have moved somewhere else..

To be specific, I'm not looking for the pre-assembled necklaces that I saw in abundance at Dongmen, I'm more keen on spools of chain/chain sold by the yard so I can customise it on my own. I'm also really interested in getting into wire-wrapping, so I'm looking for artistic wire too!

If it helps, my hotel is in the Futian District!

Any tips?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,391 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Craft supplies for Jewellery Making - Beads, Chains, Clasps?

haydendorsey. Don't understand your post...

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Craft supplies for Jewellery Making - Beads, Chains, Clasps?

Where there are beads, where there is fashion,http://www.eozy.com

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Craft supplies for Jewellery Making - Beads, Chains, Clasps?

Hello,

Just a quick note to be aware of faulty stock not being replaced by some people. I bought about 30 clasps from www.agrainofsand.com and after 2 years one clasp faulted. It took me a lot of time to restring the pearls for the customers and provide a new clasp. After asking for a reimbursement or replacement clasp, they did could not provide one as their policy is to insure they work for the first 30 days. Oh well.

cheers.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,238 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Craft supplies for Jewellery Making - Beads, Chains, Clasps?

I think you are expecting a lot to have a clasp replaced after TWO years!!

15. Re: Craft supplies for Jewellery Making - Beads, Chains, Clasps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 19, 2014