We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland Gardens...
13 posts
Save Topic
Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

How many days would be ideal to see all of the following places? How many hours would each attraction take?

-Window of the World

-Splendid China

-China Folk Culture Villages

-Happy Valley

-Evergreen World

-Fairy Lake Botanic Garden

If one day isn't enough, which attractions aren't worth visiting and should be eliminated for a one day stay in Shenzhen?

Edit: also, what is the best way to get to Shenzhen from Hong Kong? Train? Bus? And how does the custom work when crossing the border for a holder of American Passport with Chinese Tourist Visa?

Edited: 12:27 pm, May 25, 2012
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,297 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

Visa Q first: Best option is MTR to Lowu then just like exiting/entering any foreign countries you queue to exit HK; then you walk a short distance to the Chinese border (all inside a building) & queue again. No problems if you already have your visa.

I go to SZ regularly for shopping & business but haven't been to any of the attractions you list. Just given the size of SZ I'd estimate that 2 days would be a minimum time for all 6 attractions. The first 3 are close to each other but seem to require 2-4 hours to explore thoroughly, including all the shows.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,320 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

You can't do it all in one day. I can't tell you what to keep as I have no idea what sort of thing you like. Read about them and choose.

Crossing the border is like most border crossing, you just show your passport and fill the arrival card. you also need to pass the HK immigration.

Oakland Gardens...
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

Thanks. You two has had been very helpful with all my posts lately.

Have you been to any of those places Jean? Can you give me an estimate time required to explore each place? Will each place require 2-4 hours like Zhuhai estimated? Thanks in advance.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,218 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

Splendid China and China Folk Culture Village are together. This is my favorite of the places you listed in Shenzhen. I've been three times and usually spend about half a day there. One admission ticket admits you to both sections of the park.

Happy Valley is mainly for kids. I would not go there unless you held a gun to my head.

Cannot comment on the other places in your list. Depends on your interests, etc.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,320 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

The only places that I have been to are Wonders of the World and Splendid China and together would take one day.

6. Re: Would one day be enough to visit the following attractions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, June 21, 2013