We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed: From HK - ShenZhen- Windows of the world

Which Shenzhen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SG
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Help needed: From HK - ShenZhen- Windows of the world

Hi all, I will be travelling to HK 2 weeks later and seek help from HK experts here.

How do I get to Shenzhen from HK? I will be staying in prudential hotel. From there do I take the MTR and transfer to KCR to get to Shenzhen? MTR and KCR is it within walking distance? or do I have to take another bus or somehting? Will there be exit signs indicating where to go from MTR to KCR?

After our shopping in Shenzhen, we intend to visit the Windows of the world too, since there are old folks with us, shopping the whole day will sort of bore them. From the Lo Hu shopping centre how do we go to windows of the world? is it safe/cheap to take taxi from shenzhen???

By what time shld be get back from shenzhen so that we wont miss our last train back to our hotel.

Thanks very much for ur advise!!!

Bellingham Wa.
8 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Help needed: From HK - ShenZhen- Windows of the world

Can you tell me how much 50RMB is in american money?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Help needed: From HK - ShenZhen- Windows of the world

50.00 CNY China Yuan Renminbi = 6.21172 USD United States Dollars

Any of the foreign exchange websites will do the conversion for you.

ShenZhen
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Help needed: From HK - ShenZhen- Windows of the world

Taking a Taxi in ShenZhen is the safest travel. Because you are alone and the pickpockets travel metro and bus. Base price is 12.50 RMB. Make them start the meter. But they have an adder button, so watch the price. If you get into a dispute with a taxi driver, not likely, the Taxi company’s numbers are listed. The person answering will speak English. Just have your Locations written down to show the taxi drivers. From LoWu to Window of the World will cost just under 40 RMB.

Window of the World is big, 5 hours is a short time through it, it has a sky-dome and many many other things, the show is great. I would never do ShenZhen on a short day trip. Crown Royal Plaza is walking distance from Window of the World. Split you HK stay, leave your main bags at the HK Hotel, take a backpack for one night in ShenZhen.

If leaving China at night, be at LoWu by 11pm. All trains on the KCR stop at mid-night.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Help needed: From HK - ShenZhen- Windows of the world

I was at Windows of the World last week. Normally you couldn't get me to a place like that if you put a gun to my head, but a friend wanted to go so I took her. It isn't too bad. I preferred Slendid China and the Cultural Villages, but Windows of the World is where she wanted to go. It isn't cheap, 120 RMB. It's pretty big, so be prepared to spend the day. They have a nice show at night, I think it starts at 19:30.

I usually take taxis. I don't like to hassle with municipal buses, and I haven't figured out the metro, yet. Taxis are cheap, 50 RMB will get you from Lohu to Shekou, so you shouldn't spend too much in Shenzhen itself.

It's easy to get to Shenzhen from HK. Just take the KCR from Kowloon to the border. 78 RMB for 1st class. I think the border shuts down at midnight and opens at 6 AM. No problem if you miss it, there are plenty of nice hotels throughout Shenzhen and around Lohu.

Watch out for pickpockets, I got my phone and camera lifted out of my daypack, and usually I'm pretty aware of my surroundings. They do have world-class pickpockets in Shenzhen, though. Taxis are fine. Just make sure that you have your destnation written out in Chinese or that you can speak enough to be understood. Make sure that the driver turns the meter on.

Have a good time.