We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping day in schezhen

Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
shopping day in schezhen

We are travelling to Hong Kong mid February and are definately going to shop for a day in Shen Zhen. Having read the forum in relation to a visa to get to there for the day, I have been advised that the concierge of our hotel in Hong Kong should be able to arrange a visa if we have Aust. passports. Has anyone heard of this? We will take the train there and I imagine that we will just go over the border and there will be 'the shopping mall'.....is it as easy as this? or should we be planning to head out to various areas for the best shopping?

Sydney,Australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping day in schezhen

We just returned from a stay in HK. We went to Shenzhen. We had read that LoWu opened at around 11:00 so didn't leave our HK hotel til about 9:30, so by the time we found the train, got tickets and got there it was 11:00 am, and then we had to go through departure, and immigration and health. Filling in the forms took the time, so we grabbed extra forms so that the next time we went they would all be filled in when we got there. I suggest if it's your first time there, plan to get there around 10:00 am so you have time to get through the red tape. You are correct. Once through immigration, you walk out of immigration and the 'mall' is right there. With thousands of shops. Don't forget when you are buying, it's all fake, so don't think 'this brand of shoe is 3 times this price at home'. Think 'how much would I pay for a non-brand shoe of this quality at home' (or apply the same logic to underwear, handbags....) and then halve that and you might be somewhere near what you should be paying.