We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions abt shenzhen

Level Contributor
1,195 posts
Save Topic
questions abt shenzhen

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for weeks already for the official site of Window of the World, but I guess there's none. :(

My family and I will go to Hong Kong this coming December and we're plannning to visit Shenzhen for a day,

1. what is the best day to visit shenzhen?

2. to go to window of the world, I believe we need to take the Shenzen Metro from Lo Wu station to Window of the World, does anyone here know how much is the exact fare?

3. after going to window of the world, we're planning to go to Dongmen Old Street. I've seen in some forums that goods are cheap here. So how will I get to Dongmen from Window of the World?

4. Is Dongmen really the best place to shop? Up to what time does the stores open?

Mentioned in this post
1. Re: questions abt shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 pm, October 05, 2005
2. Re: questions abt shenzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, October 12, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions abt shenzhen

In all honesty I would just skip Shenzhen. Hong Kong is much more tourist friendly, safer, and generally has a lot more to offer, use the extra day to explore a local HK island (like Lantau) or something similar.

Mentioned in this post
NA
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: questions abt shenzhen

1. Well it depends on what you want to do.

2. The Metro is about RMB 5 from LoWu to Windows of the World.

3. You can take the Metro back from the Windows of the world to the "old street" station (the 3rd last station before the LoWU Terminal).

4. The stores in Dongmen close around 10:00pm. However, you need to bargin hard in those places. I guess this is Chinese custom to bargin.

Marco

buffalo, ny
Level Contributor
124 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: questions abt shenzhen

Shenzhen is a good deal if you plan on visiting places like Windows of the World. Watch out for counterfeits. I am not a shopper and I have really not found good deals on anything but tourist type stuff. Better deals on the activities and restaurants. Authentic brand name stuff is probably more expensive than the US.